Watch: Spacecraft launch with NASA and Russian astronauts before 20 years

UPDATE OCT 14, 2020 at 1:26 p.m. IST

About the video

A spacecraft carrying three astronauts had a successful takeoff on October 14, 2020. The Soyuz spacecraft carried Kate Rubins from the US agency NASA, as well as Sergey Ryzhikov and Sergey Kud-Sverchkov from the US agency Roscosmos to the International Space Station. The launch took place at 11:15 am IST from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. The mission precedes the 20th anniversary of continued human presence in space. NASA has released video of the spacecraft’s external cameras showing the stage 3 shutdown and engine separation. Watch the full video to learn more.



[RELATED VIDEOS]

Samsung Electronics vice president convicted by Seoul High Court (agencies)

Watch: Samsung scion jailed on corruption charges in South Korea corruption scandal

POSTED ON JAN 18, 2021 10:01 p.m. IST

Kremlin critic Navalny arrested

Watch: Kremlin critic Navalny arrested on arrival in Moscow l Who said what

PUBLISHED JAN 18, 2021 at 4:31 p.m. IST

Security increased at U.S. state capitals ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration

Biden swearing in: Security tightened in US states amid small protests

PUBLISHED JAN 18, 2021 12:22 IST

Police arrest protesters in Nepal

Nepal: demonstration against Prime Minister Oli in Kathmandu; Visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs to India

POSTED ON JAN 14, 2021 at 7:24 p.m. IST

US President Donald Trump condemns violent riot in capital after impeachment

After impeachment, Donald Trump condemns the riot on Capitol Hill; urges “ calm ”

POSTED JAN 14, 2021 3:52 PM IST

Trump administration declassifies document

‘Strong India would counterbalance China’: declassified US document

PUBLISHED JAN 14, 2021 at 3:32 p.m. IST

Trump was charged with 'inciting insurgency' after deadly siege of crowds on Capitol Hill last week

Trump indicted for instigating riots on Capitol Hill: what will happen next?

PUBLISHED JAN 14, 2021 2:22 p.m. IST

The search for survivors continues

Airplane crash in Indonesia: search for survivors and black boxes l Latest updates

UPDATE JAN 11, 2021 at 3:21 p.m. IST

Arnold schwarzenegger

‘Worst president ever’: Arnold Schwarzenegger compares the Capitol crowd to the Nazis

PUBLISHED JAN 11, 2021 12:58 PM IST

Plane crash in Indonesia

Watch: an Indonesian plane suspected of having crashed; research teams check the sea

PUBLISHED JAN 9, 2021 11:31 IST

'Good thing': Joe Biden on Donald Trump skipping inauguration ceremony

‘Good thing’: Joe Biden on Donald Trump skipping inauguration ceremony

PUBLISHED JAN 9, 2021 09:22 IST



<p data-recalc-dims=Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said Thursday that President Donald Trump’s accounts on his popular social media platforms – Facebook and Instagram – would remain on hold until the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden on January 20. Announcing the decision, Zuckerberg said the risk of allowing President Trump to continue using the platform during this time is “just too great.” Trump’s account will be locked “for at least the next two weeks,” he said. It comes after Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol. Watch the full video for more details.

” title=”

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said Thursday that President Donald Trump’s accounts on his popular social media platforms – Facebook and Instagram – would remain on hold until the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden on January 20. Announcing the decision, Zuckerberg said the risk of allowing President Trump to continue using the platform during this time is “just too great.” Trump’s account will be locked “for at least the next two weeks,” he said. It comes after Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol. Watch the full video for more details.

“/>

Facebook and Instagram ban Donald Trump ‘indefinitely’ after US Capitol violation

UPDATE JAN 08, 2021, 5:35 am IST



<p data-recalc-dims=Hours after hundreds of supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in a harrowing assault on U.S. democracy, a shaken Congress on Thursday officially certified Democrat Joe Biden’s electoral victory. Immediately afterwards, the White House released a statement from Trump in which he pledged an “orderly transition” when Biden is sworn in on January 20, though he repeated his false claim that he won the November election. On Wednesday, the Republican president apparently encouraged his supporters to invade the Capitol. Congress resumed work to certify victory for Biden Electoral College late in the evening after the chaotic scenes on Capitol Hill. After a debate that continued until the early hours of Thursday, the Senate and House of Representatives rejected two objections to the count and certified the final vote of the Electoral College, with Biden receiving 306 votes and Trump 232 votes. Vice President Mike Pence, declaring the final vote total, said this “will be taken as a sufficient statement from those elected President and Vice President of the United States.”

” title=”

Hours after hundreds of supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in a harrowing assault on U.S. democracy, a shaken Congress on Thursday officially certified Democrat Joe Biden’s electoral victory. Immediately afterwards, the White House released a statement from Trump in which he pledged an “orderly transition” when Biden is sworn in on January 20, though he repeated his false claim that he won the November election. On Wednesday, the Republican president apparently encouraged his supporters to invade the Capitol. Congress resumed work to certify victory for Biden Electoral College late in the evening after the chaotic scenes on Capitol Hill. After a debate that continued until the early hours of Thursday, the Senate and House of Representatives rejected two objections to the count and certified the final vote of the Electoral College, with Biden receiving 306 votes and Trump 232 votes. Vice President Mike Pence, declaring the final vote total, said this “will be taken as a sufficient statement from those elected President and Vice President of the United States.”

“/>

After the chaos of the U.S. Capitol, Congress certifies victory for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

UPDATE JAN 07, 2021 5:26 PM IST



<p data-recalc-dims=A video of two snakes engaged in a fierce fight has gone viral on the internet. In the video, two fiery Mulga snakes are seen fighting. The clip was shared on the official Facebook handle of the Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC). The somewhat frightening snake fight has been observed in their Scotia Wildlife Preserve. In the caption, AWC mentioned that the snakes were seen fighting for about an hour. The caption also quoted a quote from AWC environmentalist Tali Moyle, who recorded the clip. Since its sharing, the post has garnered thousands of views and tons of comments.

” title=”

A video of two snakes engaged in a fierce fight has gone viral on the internet. In the video, two fiery Mulga snakes are seen fighting. The clip was shared on the official Facebook handle of the Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC). The somewhat frightening snake fight has been observed in their Scotia Wildlife Preserve. In the caption, AWC mentioned that the snakes were seen fighting for about an hour. The caption also quoted a quote from AWC environmentalist Tali Moyle, who recorded the clip. Since its sharing, the post has garnered thousands of views and tons of comments.

“/>

Watch: Two snakes engage in fierce fight to prove dominance, video goes viral

PUBLISHED JAN 6, 2021 7:38 PM IST



<p data-recalc-dims=British Prime Minister Boris Johnson held talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday to express his regret at not being able to travel to India as planned for Republic Day on January 26 due to the growing health crisis created by the new variant of the coronavirus in the UK. Johnson’s call with Modi came a day after he addressed the nation in a televised address to plunge the country into new home lockdown as his medical chiefs warn the National Health Service (NHS) was in danger of being overwhelmed by rising infection rates. Johnson has indicated his visit to India will take place in the first half of this year and ahead of the UK-chaired G7 summit, scheduled for later this year. Watch the full video for more details.

” title=”

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson held talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday to express his regret at not being able to travel to India as scheduled for Republic Day on January 26 due to the growing health crisis created by the new variant of the coronavirus in the UK. Johnson’s call with Modi came a day after he addressed the nation in a televised address to plunge the country into new home lockdown as his medical chiefs warn the National Health Service (NHS) was in danger of being overwhelmed by rising infection rates. Johnson has indicated his visit to India will take place in the first half of this year and ahead of the UK-chaired G7 summit, scheduled for later this year. Watch the full video for more details.

“/>

Boris Johnson cancels Republic Day visit to India over Covid-19 situation in UK

POSTED JAN 5, 2021 at 9:53 p.m. IST

Source