Type 2 Diabetes: The 5 Best Powerful Foods To Control Blood Sugar Through Nutrition Photo credits: Pixabay
- Diabetes causes high blood sugar and causes many health complications for your body
- You must be careful with your diet if you have high blood sugar
- Here are 5 powerful foods that will help you control your diabetic situation
New Delhi: Diabetes is a chronic disease in which your blood sugar levels rise abnormally, affecting different organs in your body. Insufficient insulin production is the main cause of diabetes. Different types of diabetes can occur and have different types of impacts on your health. Once your blood sugar levels start to rise, there is no going back from it. General symptoms of anxiety include frequent urination, weight loss, blurred vision, extreme fatigue, and increased thirst and hunger. Diabetic symptoms in women can cause yeast infections, vaginal dryness, and urinary tract infections. Pregnant women can also suffer from diabetes, popularly known as gestational diabetes. Many health complications accompany diabetes, such as kidney failure, stroke, depression, dementia, skin conditions, hearing loss, and vision loss.
The most important thing to pay attention to when you have diabetes is your lifestyle and your eating habits. You need to eat healthy if you want to control your blood sugar. There are some powerful foods that are extremely beneficial for people with diabetes. You will obviously need to continue taking your medication, but these foods will help your recovery. Nutritious foods with a low glycemic index are beneficial for diabetic patients.
5 best foods to control diabetes
- Tomatoes- Tomatoes contain lycopene which reduces the risk of many chronic diseases, including diabetes. Its GI is very low, which is essential when you have diabetes. Tomato is a non-starchy food, which means it is tailor-made for patients with low blood sugar. Consuming tomatoes is extremely healthy not only for diabetic situations, but also for the health complications that accompany diabetes.
- Oranges- Oranges are citrus foods that are high in fiber. You can either eat the fruit or drink orange juice. Both are beneficial in this case. If you choose to drink the juice, make sure you don’t add sugar to it. Citrus fruits have the ability to reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Beans- Beans are extremely nutritious in nature. It contains minerals like potassium and magnesium which provide the right amount of nutrients you need to fight diabetes. Beans have a low GI. It protects you from all the complications that your body experiences when you have high blood sugar.
- Kale- Kale along with other green leafy vegetables is the best food for diabetes. It contains vitamin A and vitamin K. It has a ton of nutrients that neutralize your blood sugar levels. It is considered a super food. People eat cooked or even boiled kale. Some people prefer to drink kale juice because it is more effective and works faster than eating the vegetable.
- Nut seeds- Nuts like walnuts and flax seeds contain fiber, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. These are not only good for diabetes, but also for the health of your heart and your cholesterol levels. If you have diabetes, you should always have nuts with you as they help control your blood sugar. People who eat nuts have a low risk of developing diabetes.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, more updates at Times Now