Actor Taapsee Pannu responded to the Income Tax Department raids on March 3 in a new interview, saying she never expected this to happen to her or her family. The actor had referred to the “intense research” that lasted three days in a series of tweets last week. Now, in the interview, the actor opened up about the experience and said that as a public figure she was always prepared for such a thing, it came as a surprise to his family.
“When they visited me, I was told that my other residences in Delhi and Mumbai were also searched simultaneously. I have been informed. I don’t think I expected this to happen to me, my family in particular. It was really out of the blue for them. They didn’t see it coming at all. They were more disturbed, ”Taapsee told The Quint.
She added that she was well aware of the price of being a public figure. “Let’s just say that the last two years or months have made me realize that anything can happen. This is the price you pay for being a public figure, and I totally agree with that because when you haven’t really done anything wrong, I don’t know what or why should I be afraid? If there is human error, I’ll pay for it or whatever I’m supposed to do. But I am not a criminal. I didn’t do anything illegally. So, I am not afraid of the consequences.
Taapsee also opened up about the brainstorming she did after being raided to find out why it happened in the first place. However, she clarified that even though the raid was a shock, that doesn’t mean she would change because of the fear.
She also mentioned that the officials in the IT department were “conscientious professionals” and that the process went “very calmly” for two to three days. The Baby actor also condemned a section of the media which claimed that the actor received a cash payment of Rs 5 crore. In response, Taapsee laughed and said in the interview, “I want to know where are those Rs 5 crore? So far, I have not been offered this amount for anything in my life. I will frame the receipt for myself. “
Taapsee’s interview follows a series of tweets she posted expressing her anger at the raid. In one of the tweets, she wrote: “More so sasti”.
“3 days of intense research of 3 things mainly: 1. The keys to the“ presumed ”bungalow that I apparently own in Paris. Because summer vacation is approaching. 2. The “presumed” receipt worth 5 crore to frame and keep for future launches because I have already been denied this money. 3. My memory of the 2013 raid which happened to me according to our honorable Minister of Finance. PS- “more so sasti,” read Taapsee’s tweets.
The series of tweets came after Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said on Friday that the same people were also looted in 2013, but it did not lead to an outcry as in the present case. Speaking about the tweet to the finance minister, Taapsee said it was not looted in 2013 and that it was “shocking” and “surprising” that the finance minister shared a generic statement, which she felt “The need to correct”.
In terms of work, Taapsee shoots for Dobaara with Anurag Kashyap.