While this is a different kind of celebration, several of the biggest names in the game have posted their wishes on social media.
It wasn’t a normal New Years Eve, but footballers around the world have still found a way to ring in 2021.
After a year in which the coronavirus pandemic rocked the football world, several of football’s biggest names have expressed their wish that 2021 will be better than the year before.
There weren’t any big New Years parties as usual, but there were still a number of players expressing their best wishes as the schedule rotated from December to January.
Here’s a look at how the world of football has sounded in 2021:
2020 has not been an easy year, there is no doubt about it. No one can be indifferent to the pain and suffering that COVID-19 has caused around the world.
But now it’s time to bounce back and show that together we can make a difference.
Happy New Year! 🙏🏽❤️ pic.twitter.com/7n1i0ARjiK
– Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) December 31, 2020
End of a difficult year 2020. Until 2021 with energy and optimism. Happy New Year everyone, and here is to make your wishes come true. 🎉❤️ pic.twitter.com/1mmMQ0V0Vk
– Eric Bailly (@ ericbailly24) December 31, 2020
A year full of growth and learning. Happy New Year everyone. pic.twitter.com/H8Wom6JVtz
– Kai Havertz (@ kaihavertz29) December 31, 2020
Happy New Year, guys! In 2021 !! It has been a difficult and strange year for everyone, but I hope you are all safe and sound. pic.twitter.com/SU95RRvxF2
– Andy Robertson (@ andrewrobertso5) December 31, 2020
Happy New Year to all of you, hope all your New Years dreams and resolutions come true in 2021. Let’s bring more love, peace and happiness to the world. Treat people the way you want, see you soon! 😄 pic.twitter.com/K1O532h84L
– Virgil van Dijk (@VirgilvDijk) December 31, 2020
– Alphonso Davies (@AlphonsoDavies) December 31, 2020
F * ck it !!! 2021 Welcome pic.twitter.com/oCFPZo9o2F
– AUBA⚡️ (@ Aubameyang7) December 31, 2020
– Goal (@goal) December 31, 2020
It has been a year of many challenges for everyone in the world. Despite the difficult times, there were also some very positive ones, and I am very grateful. Stay healthy, stay safe, stay positive and have a happy new year 2021. Happy new year! ❤️💙 pic.twitter.com/2RiODE83bZ
– Sergiño Dest (@sergino_dest) December 31, 2020
– Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) December 31, 2020
Happy New Year everyone! ❤ pic.twitter.com/PTq1KyIYg5
– Mesut Özil (@ MesutOzil1088) December 31, 2020
Feliz año! Siempre, pero hoy más que nunca, mucha salud! #Ravapas💫
– Andrés Iniesta (@ andresiniesta8) December 31, 2020
Happy New Year!! 🎉🎊 pic.twitter.com/cCJEtNAoTu
– Jan Oblak (@oblakjan) December 31, 2020
Happy New Year to all 😁 pic.twitter.com/CRNYW3whzr
– Eduardo Camavinga (@Camavinga) December 31, 2020
– Cesc Fàbregas Soler (@ cesc4official) January 1, 2021