Do not dispute that the young people killed were “terrorists”: J&K DGP | India News

SRINAGAR: J&K DGP Dilbagh Singh said on Thursday he had “no reason to dispute” what a senior military official said about Wednesday meet in which three “terrorists” were killed, but added that “still the police will investigate the allegations of [fake encounter] made by their families ”.
The families claimed the meeting was “organized by scene” and insisted that the young people had gone to a university to submit forms. “I want to ask them what their children were doing on the dating site if they had gone to submit forms?” Singh said in response to a question at a press conference in Jammu.
Security forces continue to claim that the three youths – identified by their families as Zubair Ahmad Lone from the Turkawangam region Shopian, Ajaz Ganai of Putrigam and Athar Mushtaq of Bellow in Pulwama – were Al-Badr The Terrorists. An Ak-47 rifle, along with several actual hand grenades, were recovered Wednesday from the site of the nightly encounter in Lawaypora, on the outskirts of Srinagar, they stressed.
The DGP also said that the general officer commanding the Kilo Force HS Sahi had mentioned that the trio intended to carry out a big strike on the Srinagar-Baramulla highway and that they had refused repeated offers of surrender.
On Wednesday, Sahi said the terrorists killed were “not yet identified”. Police also admitted the trio were not on the list of activists. Regarding this, Sahi said: “It is not important that all activists are registered with the police. When a person leaves their home to join them, they do not inform their parents. ”
Singh said that sometimes parents are not aware of the activities of their wards. “Nonetheless, we will investigate the allegations of their families. If we find something, we will look at it, ”he said.
A partial stop has been observed in two districts of southern Kashmir – Pulwama and Sopian – against the “fake” encounter. In addition, almost all mainstream political parties have called for an investigation into the incident. The Internet remained suspended Thursday in the two districts as a precaution.