The Chaos Theory event brings some significant gameplay changes, in addition to new content for the Collector’s Event. Check out the full patch notes for all changes to Legends, Weapons, and more on March 9.
The City of Caustic Takeover, Legacy of Bangalore, and a bunch of new skins are the main highlights of the Collector’s Event, but Respawn has made plenty of Legends and Weapon tweaks as well.
At the top of the list we have nerves at the Mastiff, which had definitely gotten a bit strong in recent seasons. There are also nerfs to Caustic and some improvements to some of the weaker Legends. No Fill Matchmaking is also being introduced.
Check out the full Respawn patch notes below.
- Nox gas grenade recharge time decreased from 2.5 minutes to 3.5 minutes.
- Nox gas damage at a flat rate of 5 hp per tick instead of going from 6 hp → 12 hp.
Developer Note: Caustic is brutally effective at slowing down fights. His entire kit revolves around gas with a large area of effect, slow, obstruction of vision and direct damage to health. It has proven to be too oppressive in too many scenarios, especially considering that teammates can play in the gas relatively unimpeded. Dramatically reducing gas damage (without removing it entirely or affecting armor instead) seems like a fair compromise that stays true to the character while making them less oppressive on the receiving side. We will be closely monitoring data and gameplay. If these changes strike the appeal or effectiveness of Caustic too hard, we’ll come back accordingly.
Developer Note: Low Profile was used as a balancing tool for mobile and / or small legends. While Path is still mobile, its hitbox is great. While its overall win rate and win rate are by no means low, it’s hard to justify keeping Low Profile on a hitbox of its size.
- Removed 15% faster healing item usage along the way Protective dome.
- Increased Black hole recharge time from 2 minutes to 3 minutes
- Revenant’s Silence now disables Mirage’s hidden revive and respawn as well as Octane’s quick repair.
- Wattson now has a 0.5 hp / s passive shield regeneration (half of Octane’s current health regeneration rate).
- Explosives damage Amplified coverage normally, instead of dealing 200 damage.
- Explosives damage Sheila normally, instead of dealing 175 damage.
Developer Note: The walls should be sturdy and powerful when built. Prior to Rampart’s expedition, we were concerned that his nests were too oppressive, so we gave enemy players the ability to quickly clean them up with grenades. It wasn’t necessary, as it turns out we’re removing the increased grenade damage against Amped Cover and Sheila.
- All gold AR and LMG default optics have been updated to 2x Bruiser.
- Pellets damage reduced from 13 → 11. Rate of fire increased from 1.0 → 1.1.
Developer Note: The purpose of these changes is to place the identity of this weapon between the rapid-fire EVA-8 and the hard-hitting Peacekeeper. The Mastiff has always been dominant in close quarters combat given its forgiving spread pattern and high damage spikes with each shot. This change reduces this high damage potential in order to limit the amount of two push-ups players take on the receiving side.
- +1 bullet for each magazine size, including the base.
- Increased spread of hip shots.
Developer Note: The damage from the Hemlok’s hip shot felt a bit too consistent for an RA who should excel at medium range. This change alleviates the damage spikes in Hemlok’s close quarters that felt bad on reception.
QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
- Kings Canyon Booty – we made a pass on the loot to improve the quality on the map, while keeping a certain amount of loot after Mirage Voyage has taken off.
- Log cabins on the map should have a few more pieces each and generally be of a higher quality.
- The Spotted Lake has been reduced to a medium to high quality.
- Crash Site has redistributed the loot slightly in the area. The amount remains the same, but the higher quality loot must be in the ship.
- Caustic Treatment has more loot than Water Treatment, and it remains Hiqh grade.
- Locked Weapon Optic Exchange – For weapons with fully locked mounting slots, like fully equipped gold weapons and most hull weapons, you can now remove the optic and replace it with a different sight. This does not apply to the Kraber sniper rifle.
- Helpers have been added to the game’s HUD, alongside kills. This was already present in Ranked and has now been added to Uncategorized. Helpers are still not contributing to XP. This replaced the viewer’s eye icon.
- Assists and Hits have been added to your team banners and will display at the end of a match.
- Club names now appear on the Match Summary and Champion screen if all players are from the same club.
- Items will no longer “stick” to Crafting Replicator when dropped onto the Replicator.
- Badge progress – for badges with longer progress, hovering over the badge will show you more information. For example, if you try to get 50 wins as a Lifeline, you will now see that you have 45 instead of somewhere between 15 and 50.
- Ping My Deathbox – When respawning on a dropship, you can now ping your own Deathbox to help locate it more easily.
- Golden backpack – Players resurrected by a Gold Backpack will have a crackle of energy – depending on the level of armor they are wearing – while the revive takes place. They will also display the healing effects of the armor when the revive is complete. This change should help players prioritize an ongoing raise.
- PC players can now return to the title screen from the lobby to allow datacenter switching without restarting the game.
- Added numbers to advanced presentation controls. It should help people experiment and easily get back to their preferred settings.
- When you scan a beacon for Ring 6, you should now be able to see the location where Ring 6 ends.
- Inspect the weapon – Since the survival slot took its button on the controller (we only have a limited number of buttons!), Inspect Weapon has been moved to the emoticon wheel by default. It can be linked to any key on PC.
- Fixed an issue with Gibraltar not receiving hit records when releasing ADS and Fire simultaneously with his Gun Shield in place.
- Wraith players can no longer cancel Into the Void by jumping on a wall
- The new Skydive emote will now work with Legendary skins
- Fixed a bug that caused Nox Gas to flicker for some players affected by it
- Repeated use of the same jump pad no longer disables double jumps
- Players are no longer allowed to “slide” along a wall after using the jumping mat
- Crypto’s animation to bring out his drone can no longer be ignored when throwing a holospray
- Crypto can no longer teleport to a replicator
- Reloading the Mastiff and 30-30 will no longer be faster in Crypto’s drone
- Fixed a few areas Loba could teleport in that blocked her
- Players can no longer use Sheila to enter the world when placed too close to the Phase Runner in Olympus
- Fixed the gravity elevator falling through the ground when used on railroad tracks in the World’s Edge Sorting Plant
- Using a zipline after a gravity lift will no longer increase accuracy
- Motherload will now damage and destroy jump areas
- Under a small enclosure, players will no longer be kicked out after using Motherload
- Players can no longer double their grenades after looting the death box of a dead Fuse
- Dropping and picking up the Mastiff will no longer recharge it
- Dropping and picking up the 30-30 will no longer recharge it
- 30-30 will now have a spread gap when shooting and jumping from ADS
- Fixed a bug preventing Steam users from sending friend requests to each other
- Usernames are now updated when a user switches from Origin client to Steam client
- Fixed a bug preventing players from creating or joining clubs because their EA account was already linked to another platform
That’s all for the moment. See you in the arena, Legends.