Aadhaar-PAN online link: Recently, the Indian government announced the latest link date of the PAN map with the Aadhaar map. The link between the two government identity cards has been made mandatory. In the event that a person does not, their PAN cards will become inoperative as of April 1, 2021. This will affect customers as they will not be allowed to transact anywhere PAN listing is mandatory. These customers may also face a penalty of Rs 1,000 in accordance with the 2021 finance bill.
Under the new rule, the government made it mandatory to provide an Aadhaar card when applying for a new PAN card. In the case of new candidates for the PAN card, the interconnection is done automatically at the request stage.
If you are unsure whether you have linked your PAN card with your Aadhaar card or not, here is how you can check the status online:
How to check the status of the PAN-Aadhaar link online?
- Go to the Income Tax Electronic Filing Portal via this link.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar details.
- Click on the “Check Status” option.
- Here you should be able to see whether your PAN card and Aadhaar card are linked or not.
- In case your PAN card and Aadhaar card are not yet linked, here is how you can link them – PAN-Aadhaar Linking last date: How to link Aadhaar with PAN online
How to check the status of Aadhaar-PAN link by SMS
To connect PAN with Aadhaar, you will need to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 via your registered mobile number. In the text message, just type “UIDAIPAN (12 digit Aadhaar number) space (10 digit PAN number)”. For example: UIDPAN 100023456789 XXYZ0123X
Latest technological news